Friday, January 25, 2013

Tea with Cardinal Fratelli, # 11


From: Charlotte
“I feel so ashamed to tell you this, Good Cardinal, but I think I’m pregnant. I’m not married either and don’t want my parents to find out. What should I do!”


Dear Charlotte,
How frightened you must be!! If you do indeed discover you are with child, immediately tell your partner about this… if you can stand to look at him. Do scold him harshly and if he refuses to marry you, kindly remind him that your father owns a rifle. Also, please tell your parents. They may be very upset at first and yell unsavory things but their love for you, their precious daughter, will overcome this.
Lastly, you should absolutely go to confession.
Being pregnant doesn’t have to be an occasion for sadness. Children are a blessing in their innocence, tenacity and eating as many sweets as they can and then running wild around the house. Moreso, I gently assert that children can be taught not to repeat the same mistakes as their parents.
God be with you, and Mary, the Mother of Jesus, who indeed also knows what it feels like to find unexpected surprises in her womb.
In Christ,
Angelo Cardinal Fratelli.

No comments:

Post a Comment