Friday, January 25, 2013

Tea with Cardinal Fratelli, # 12


From: Silvia Garcia Perez
 “Your Eminence, I know you’re busy but can you please help me? My eldest daughter will not go to Mass and is setting a bad example for my other children.”


Dear, Silvia Garcia Perez,
 Don’t worry about imposing, I’m never too busy to stop and help someone in need, plus it gives me time away from my cluttered office.
Alot of children get a certain age when they dye their hair strange colors, listen to objectionable music and yes, don’t want to go to church. The best remedy for this is to allow your daughter to express her feelings while asserting yourself. Long as you are the parent, she shall go to Mass- even if it means dragging her out of bed, shoving a pop-tart in her mouth and slapping a chapel-veil on her head during the car ride there.
Trust me: after much yelling and whining, when she is an adult, she will thank you for this.
In Christ,
Angelo Cardinal Fratelli

No comments:

Post a Comment