Monday, January 28, 2013

Tea with Cardinal Fratelli # 13


From: Anna Thompson
“I wrote to you because you’re very wise. Some friends at my church youth-group keep telling me that Harry Potter is bad and satanic. They say it encourages witchcraft. But, I really like the series! Is it really bad?”


Dear Anna Thompson,
I’m glad you think me wise… but I’d better forget before this gets to my head.
Harry Potter…Harry Potter… I had to look it up online and read all the books before knowing what this actually was. While there is some dark imagery and what I suppose you could call “witchcraft” in these books, I believe that one must use discretion. Does Harry Potter make you want to go out and draw a magic-circle in the forest? If so, stop reading at once and repent!
If you consider it fiction and fantasy, like the fairy-tales about witches my Mama read to me, then do not worry. Your friends say it is bad because they care for you, in that perfect, intrusive, Christian manner, briefly consider it might be bad for them because they take it too seriously.
In Christ,
Angelo Cardinal Fratelli

No comments:

Post a Comment